Friday 7 November 2014

Ridley's Brewery - Old Bob

So, everyone knows an Old Bob right? And who could dislike someone like him? Well, this runs true with Old Bob the beer too. It must first be noted that I has an amazing ruby red colour which draws heavy comparison to Hobgoblin.


Then the taste. Wow it packs a punch! At 5.1%, it is no wonder that it is quite a strong flavour. The rich malt barley gives it a biscuity texture on the tongue which brings out it's dry fruity flavours. That's exactly why I could almost taste dry raisins and apricots. I thought I was going mad! 

It is no wonder that Old Bob has won two prestigious Bottles Awards with it's spicy dry flavours on the palate. It is with great pleasure that I give this ale a exceptional 8 out of 10. Enjoy with a sweet dessert to counterbalance the dry finish of the ale!

The Beer Blokes

No comments:

Post a Comment