Tuesday 21 October 2014

Shepherd Neame - Spooks Ale

Halloween is coming up soon and instead of buying sweets, I'd much rather enjoy a Halloween inspired ale. 

Spooks Ale appealed to me on the shelf with its old-style look and shape of the bottle. It just looked like something you would find in an ageing dark country pub.  When I first poured this beer into the glass it poured a deep ruby red colour, reminiscent of Hobgoblin. 


The smell was of mild citrus and biscuits, but having my first sip, this disappeared and was replaced with a strong malt/roasted taste. I cannot describe it any clearer than roasted nuts. 

This is a satisfying rich beer, perfect for keeping you company on a spooky evening on All Hallows' night. I rate this beer an 8 out of 10. Give it a go!

The Beer Blokes 

No comments:

Post a Comment