Friday 3 October 2014

Fraøch Heather Ale

I've seen this beer on the shelves for a while now, and it's always looked appealing with it's pagan inspired artwork and unusual name (Fraøch meaning "heather"). 

So I decided, right, it's on offer and I'll give it a go. As you can see by the photo, I first thought I had bought a lager because it was so pale! Nevertheless I gave it a sniff and was overwhelmed by it's floral accents. Just imagine a field full of wild flowers. 



Anyway, I gave it a slurp and boy was it good. It has a crips and light malty finish that is so appealing. Then you can taste the heather on the back of the tongue. It really is a floral beer worth trying! I have no regrets when I say that this is quickly becoming my new favourite! 

On that flowery note, I give this ale a fantastic 10 out of 10. Take my advice, don't ruin it with food. Try it on it's own merit and I'm sure you'll love it.

The Beer Blokes

No comments:

Post a Comment