Tuesday 29 December 2015

Wold Gold Blonde Beer

So I find myself sitting in a small cottage by the sea in Yorkshire,  having just devoured my Christmas dinner. To my delight, I purchased three local ales and this first post of 2016 will review the Wold Gold blonde beer, by the infamous Wold Top brewery.

The colour boasts a typical blonde hue as described in the bottle. Strangely enough, at 4.8% this beer looks innocent but packs a punch.
 

The smell is bitter with a hint of apricot. With no head to speak of, the texture is smooth with slight carbonation that's not overbearing. It tastes very malty with a strong hop balance and a slight spicy taste. 

I would suggest drinking this with a mild curry as anything too strong may overpower the taste of the ale. It's a nice flavour but nothing original here. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment